AGO Phonics Advanced Set Levels Box Set
AGO Phonics levels 4 (Purple) and 5 (Black) practice tricky and unusual English spelling patterns in a fun way! There are 72 more patterns, and over 200 picture words to learn over the two levels.
The basic concept is the same as with other AGO Phonics levels: each card highlights a spelling or pronunciation rule found in the English language in an intuitive way. As they play the game, students become familiar with these rules and will naturally learn any unknown vocabulary.
As quite a few of the targets are pronounced or spelled in unusual ways, the AGO Phonics Soundpad App (ios/android) is recommended for beginners or first timers.
Some Notes For Teachers and Parents:
Use AGO Phonics cards to quickly pre-teach or review advanced phonics concepts and vocabulary.
The game is most effectively used as a supplementary material alongside workbooks and readers. The goal is to quickly teach some new vocabulary (for ESL / EFL students), and set up a basic understanding of how the target patterns work. This makes it much easier to recognize and understand the spelling rules and patterns when they are encountered in other contexts.
- Either move through the levels step by step, or just mix both decks together! Some reading assistance may be needed the first few times you play.
- Encourage students to sound out words on their own as much as possible.
- If a player knows one or more words on a card, encourage them to apply the target phoneme’s pronunciation rule to help decode the other words.
- Besides playing ‘AGO Last Card’, there are many other fun and educational ways to use these cards!
- Check out the downloads/videos section of our website for more info!
Click images above to zoom in, or scroll through